Wednesday, March 1, 2017

No Complaints

                   


                     Recently I was thinking back to when I meet a humble, peaceful, and precious lady named Mary. It was 2014 and it was during the Alive Festival (A Christian Music Festival in Ohio). It was the beginning of the festival for us and we were setting up camp, As I was doing so I was complaining about this or that and Mary made a simple comment that brought me back to reality of what I was doing . Instead of being thankful for what I had, I was complaining with a discontent spirit.

                    Now she didn't point it out or say it towards me or anyone else. She didn't even realize how much it affected me at that moment. Now I have heard it many times before, but it was this particular time that stuck with me.

                     She also said that God provides all we need and we should Thank Him. This all seems simple enough but a lot of us seem to forget to do it (even me). As I wrote this particular piece I was blessed with the following verse at the bottom of my journal, 


Galatians 2:20(NIV)

20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God,who loved me and gave himself for me.
                  This reminds me that I should live as Christ lives in me meaning for me that I am joyful without complaints. Just content with life no matter what it throws my way. And it also makes me realize that in all situations to have faith in Lord and will be well. So though she didn't intend to Mary caused a stirring in my heart and I thank her.

No comments:

Post a Comment