Wednesday, February 1, 2017



Hold Your Tongue

When words are many, sin, is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. Proverbs 10:19

          I have learned that words can really rip a person apart. Words can hurt a person worse than something physical. This is because words stay with you longer than any physical injury does, most of the time anyways.

          I remember several times in which I did not 'hold my tongue' and just let the words flow like water from a faucet not caring how the recipient reacted or how they were hurt by my words.
      
          That is until one day I verbally lashed out at a former supervisor of mine and as a result I ended up suspended from work without pay. And for the longest time I felt I was justified in all that was said. That was until God convicted me an spoke to my heart, showing me the error of my ways. 

          Sometimes there are things that are better left unsaid, especially when it is not beneficial to the person who is on the receiving end. You should also speak the truth in love and speak words to build a person up and not tear them down. So remember ;hold your tongue' and speak love.   

No comments:

Post a Comment