There is no unique formula or list of rules to get closer to God and sometimes it can be a struggle to get closer because of what you do to get there,
For example you can...
- In His Word (the bible) on a daily basis. In doing so you get to know Him and His promises that He has for us.
- You also should try to have a rich prayer life. Meaning, you just talk to Him daily pouring out your heart.
- You should have love for Him and His people.
- Meet with other Christians in fellowship.
- Journal to God. Pouring out your heart in your writings.
- Serve in an area where you help others that are in need. Putting what you are learning about God into action.
- Go to church. Because the bible tells us that we should get together and fellowship with other believers.
- Worship God. Thinking more than just music, think attitude towards God as you listen to the music.
- Give to God.
- Share the Gospel to others.
This is just a few things you can do to draw closer to God. In doing them there is no perfect way to execute them but it is a matter of your heart and where it is as you do them. The point is to get closer to God.