Thursday, January 12, 2012

You are God's Sermon

      

     Made in God's image and we are His Sermon. What does that mean? A while back I had listened to Paula White speak on this topic and was intrigue as to what it means.

     On my search and through scriptures she lead us to I found that anything the enemy meant for bad God turns to good.
  
20You tried to harm me, but God made it turn out for the best, so that he could save all these people, as he is now doing. 

Genesis 50:20(CEV)

     So what did this mean exactly? I have found on my journey to becoming 'A Woman After God's Own Heart' that all the things that I was mad at God for where the catalyst to me actually recommitting my life to Him. The abuse (all kinds), the broken relationships, and just all the hurt and shame from my past. These things, yes these things with all there hurt and sorrow. These things that I have cried about a hundred times or more and the pain never seemed to go away. They were what have brought me home to God's Kingdom, they are what makes me want to glorify Him with all I say and do. I realized as Paula was saying 'I am God's Sermon', little ole imperfect me. All my weaknesses, baggage, and all of my past, was God's sermon. Our lives, our story, our testimonies are God's sermon. That is how others will see the Kingdom of God at work and it may be the only Jesus they get to see, that doesn't mean we are perfect or that we are better than anyone else. We are human and falter but, our relationship with the Lord is the difference. It is a heart issue and us going to the Lord and laying our mistakes and sins at His feet with a humble and contrite heart. It is the fact we say I was wrong, that will be a testimony to the Lord's Kingdom.

     God has a plan for our lives, and we are what represents who Christ is in our lives. We do not have to preach the gospel, all we have to do is live it. Nothing is greater than Victory through Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment