Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Who am I in Christ

          

          Who am I in Christ? This used to be a question I had and still have sometimes as I have developed and keep developing a personal and deeper relationship with the Lord. You see, I thought my sins were too horrible to be accepted by God or fellow Christians. Also, growing up I was told things that did not exactly boost my self esteem very much, but I was looking in the wrong places to find out who I was let alone who I was in Christ. I actually was looking to others and not God for who I was and that just resulted in greater shame and lower self esteem.

          I have done many bible studies and thought I was getting to where God wanted me, but outside the bible studies I was not digging in the Lord's word. So I was not fulfilled, I still had a longing that was not being satisfied. I also felt that I was not "Who" God wanted me to be. He wanted me to be more than just someone who knew Him in bible studies. He wanted me to know Him up close and personal and wanted me to also know exactly "Who" I was in Christ.

          So who am I? I am beautiful and flawless in the eyes of my God. Song of Songs 4:7, 5:2,
I am chosen by God. I Peter 2:9, I am "holy in His sight without blemish." Colossians 1:22, I am God's masterpiece. Ephesians 2:10, I am "fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14, I am "strong in the Lord and in His mighty power." Ephesians 6:10 and so many other things that I could not possible list them all.

          The point...as long as I am in Christ and obedient I am who He wants me to be. As long as I give all of myself to Him and not just some of myself I am who He wants me to be. No need to look to others but look to God and His word because He has all the answers.  



  

4 comments:

  1. Amen,sister! This is truth that we all need to let the Lord apply every day. Let's believe what HE says about us, not what the world says or thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dorsee it is what the Lord has been laying on my heart, that we need to let the Lord in everyday and not worry about what people of this world think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Unity, you are beautiful and of supreme value in Christ! He can and will use you for wonderful things as you seek him and trust him.

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed to hear that Jennifer. I have been letting the enemy win and not being obedient to what God wants me to do but that is going to stop. I am going to being obedient to Him because it is All About Him not about me.

      Delete