Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Impossible


          Today at church we started talking about the 'Mission Impossible' that we think that God has us on. Life its self can feel like an Impossible Mission for some of us. I used to think that and think that my life had no purpose but how God has changed so many things for the good in my life. He has taken me to places I did not want to go (because they seemed to hard to do and it seemed easier to keep following the well walked path.), lead me from the lie that I was a victim and freed me from my bondage.
          Also during this sermon there were several verses that were shared that God has been bringing to my attention continually for awhile now. Those verses are Philippians 4:13 and Psalm 46:10. They remind me that I can do all things through Christ because He strengthens me and that all I need to do is be still and rely on Him and not me because He is God. As a reminder I have them tattooed on my leg and arm. These scriptures as they have been brought to me in many ways (through different sermons, people, articles, during quiet times etc...) I have obtained a deeper understanding of what they mean to me and my life.
          I spent so long trying to do it all on my own that I did not know how to depend on anyone but myself. I also depended on my own strength and not God's and guess what? I failed every time. There would be temporary success and gratification but they were just that temporary. What God showed me and what I thought was impossible has actually been a life line to me and I am able to bring that into others' lives as well.
          So yes life may seem impossible but God is a God is possibilities and so much more. He breathes life in things that seem to have no life. He also gives us the peace that surpasses all understanding. All we need to do is to be still and realize He is God and our strength is in Him. 




 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Unity Faith,

    Your words "God breathes life into things that seem to have no life" and remembering that our strength is in him are encouraging to me this morning.

    Thanks,
    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jennjiferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I am glad that the words helped you, it is what the Lord laid on my heart to write. Hoped God blessed your day.

    ReplyDelete