Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Prayer During Warfare at She Speaks

Well, I was going through some of the information that I had received at the She Speaks conference and came across this prayer I wrote to the Lord while I was there. It was after our first speaker evaluation group and though I did not get anything horrible said the enemy started his usually thing and started making me doubt myself and the fact that I was in pain from a back injury did not help. I had many things going on made it easy for the enemy to get his way but instead of sitting in despair I wrote and said the follow prayer to the Lord;
Lord,
My friend, my peace giver. Please help me get these thoughts out of my mind and under control. The thought that I am not good enough to speak on behalf of your kingdom. Help me to relax Lord, you got me here for a purpose and I do not want to miss ‘such a time as this’ and not obtain all the blessings that you have for me.
From this prayer God laid on my heart the following; My child I have it under control. Be still and know that I am God Psalm 46:10. And at that time I went to his word and had my time with Him and He calmed my spirit and eased my pain.

3 comments:

  1. Great reminder that He has it all in control. I too doubt myself sometimes, but have to remember that He will use me because of my weaknesses and not in spite of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to "meet" you on Chatty Kelly's She Speaks followup site. What a wonderful conference! It was my first time there and I am still processing everything and working on my to do lists.

    As a speaker/writer too, I understand and experience those feelings too at times. Good job for going straight to our Peace Giver. :)

    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Heather thanks for the comment, it is nice to know that I am not the only one who struggles with doubt. But as you said He is in control. @ Jennifer Yes it is September and I am still processing!!!! and Thanks for reading my blog and commenting. God Bless you both!!!

    ReplyDelete