Saturday, July 23, 2011

She Speaks Speech #2


The Lord has been doing a mighty work in me over the past few months. Actually the past 2 years. This has caused my relationship with Him to grow stronger and more personal. He has been what they say, my “BFF” and has made it possible for me to go through all that I am encountering at this time.

            As a result of this it has brought me such joy in praising and rejoicing in the Lord.

            Through all this the Lord has have laid several scriptures on my heart for me to meditate on. The first being Philippians 4:4, which, calls us to rejoice in the Lord always.

            This is an easy thing to do when your life is going the way that you want it to go. It is not so easy however when there is hardships that you are facing. I mean who wants to do that? Rejoice when you are going through trails and difficulties.

            This scripture is calling us to rejoice in the Lord always which means in the midst of struggles and all situations. The joy of Christians is not based on happy, pleasant circumstances. Instead, it is based on our relationship to God. We will face troubles in this world but we should rejoice in the trails we face because we as Christians know God is using those situations to improve our character and never with the intent to harm us.

            The next scriptures that the Lord lead me to were Philippians 4:6-7, where Paul says, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayers and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

            In these scriptures Paul was telling the Philippians to pray about their circumstances instead of worrying over them and to be anxious about nothing. This applies to us today, just as much as it applied to the Philippians. We need to commit our problems to God (no matter what they are) in prayer, trusting that He will provide deliverance.

            The brought these scriptures to me because I am currently in a season of life that requires this type of attitude. Otherwise, I would be a basket case, unable to accomplish anything, because of the anxiety and worry that I would let invade my thoughts and life.

            You see I fell at work injuring my spine, causing 2 herniated discs, resulting in severe pain. And since that day I have not had any real income and have been dependent on the Lord totally to see me through this season. No actually, I should say this storm in my life.

            Through all of this I have found myself praying all the time whenever I can and because of this I have had such tremendous peace over all the financial, emotional, physical pain and other issues I have encountered during this time. This not to say I do not have bad days, actually, I have had both up and down days but the Lord has seen me through all of them. Each day I am reminded that Philippians 4:13 says, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

            Without the Lord guiding and watching over me, I do not think (actually I know), I could praise and rejoice in Him during this time of difficulty. In fact, I praise and rejoice in Him even more than I have before and it has brought me closer to the Lord. It also, makes me want to go to the highest place and shout we have such a wonderful, and awesome God who will see us through all things and gives us the strength to do so, even when you feel you can’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment